- Bang for your buck: Asparagus is an affordable vegetable that is loaded with important nutrients, but it does not come with a lot of calories.
- Like most green veggies, asparagus provides a lot of antioxidants! This is crucial to help fight the processes of aging, chronic inflammation, and some cancers due to oxidative stress.
- Asparagus is high in insoluble fiber, which adds bulk to stool and supports regular bowel movements and leads to a healthy digestive system.
- A half of cup of asparagus provides about 6% of your daily recommended intake of potassium. Potassium is an important nutrient in lowering blood pressure.
- In addition to potassium, asparagus is also rich in folate. Folate is especially important for pregnant women. It helps create red blood cells and produces healthy DNA for adequate growth and development.
Secret: Asparagus is a very versatile veggie, it can be cooked and eaten raw. Add it to salads, omelets, or frittatas!