As we have harped on time and time again in class, water is H20 (not H2O plus carbon, lemon or sugar). When we look at the benefits of water it’s no surprise that it is a vital component to our wellbeing. Let’s dig a little deeper into why.
- Water aids in body temperature regulation. When we sweat, our body is naturally cooling off so we do not overheat. However, that means we must replenish what we lose. Staying hydrated keeps our body’s core temp in its desired healthy state.
- Water consumption helps lubricate and cushion your joints, spinal cord, and tissues. Not only does it keep muscles pliable and ready for action, but it helps the entire body stay healthy and on the move.
- Water helps keep the toxins moving. Staying hydrated will help flush out the toxins that build up on a daily basis. When we don’t have water moving through us throughout the day, toxins build, inflammation is more likely to occur, and bloating as well.
- Water helps you poop. When getting enough water consistently and on a regular basis, you are helping your digestive system stay regular.
- Water helps your body to absorb nutrients efficiently and effectively. Think about it like a slip in slide for your nutrients to quickly move to their desired location. Without water, those nutrients do not have an efficient mode of transportation.
- Water helps boost energy. Water will activate your metabolism, therefore boosting your energy levels throughout the day.
- Water will help you skin look more alive and bright. Staying hydrated will promote collagen production and help reduce the effects of aging.
Try drinking water consistently over the next week and see if some of that cellulite doesn’t start to disappear.
Secret: Water is number one to survival and weight loss.