Vitaminwater is a popular drink that has a variety of vitamins and minerals added to water. It is produced by Coca Cola and has natural color and flavoring. Which is code for added flavor and dyes. Drinking just vitamins wouldn’t taste as good, so there is added sugar and fructose to the original brand. The “Zero” version has erythritol added in instead of added sugar.
- It is high in liquid sugar. One 20oz bottle contains 120 calories and 32 grams of sugar. Now that is half as much in a regular coke, but still more than you need to be taking in at once. The main sugar that is added is crystalline fructose that is 98% pure fructose with a little glucose.
- All this extra sugar the body has to process can increase weight gain or hinder weight loss. One drink has more than enough sugar than you need in a day.
- The sugary beverage, like any other sugary beverage, can increase your risk for heart disease, fatty liver disease, lead to diabetes, and so much more.
- Eating healthy and good clean foods provides you with all the vitamins and minerals you need. If you need to supplement, it is better to get a vitamin supplement verses drinking vitamin water, which is more sugar than vitamins.
- Vitaminwater is not healthy. It is just another sugar drink.
Secret: Vitaminwater is not all it’s cracked up to be. It’s sugar in disguise and could lead to more harm than good. It is not water and does not replace water.