- Sticking to a sleep routine. Going to bed and getting up at the same times everyday will keep your body in balance. Dont stay up to late on weekends then sleep till noon. This can throw off your circadian rhythm that keeps your body functioning properly.
- Getting some exercise relieves stress and burns extra energy. This can help your body calm down and relax right into sleep.
- Changing your foods. Heavy or sweet food can keep you up at night. Eating close to going to bed can increase the likeability of being up do to processing foods.
- Smoking can cause breathing issues with the lungs, such as sleep apnea or asthma, making it harder for the body to relax for a peaceful sleep.
- Stay away from alcohol before bed. The alcohol can mess with brain waves and wake you up in the middle of the night. Then make it hard for you to go back to sleep.
Secret: Simple changes to daily routines or habits can improve sleep.