- The honey that is immediately taken out of cells of honeycombs is called crude.
- Contains bee pollen and propoli, which enhance health benefits.
- Straight raw honey can contain dead bees, legs, wings, hunks of wax, and other impurities but is strained out before bottling.
- Can not be heated above 95 degrees.
- It is NOT filtered or pasteurized.
- Free from any additives.
- Heavily processed and maybe chemically refined.
- Excessively heated, destroying natural enzymes, vitamins and minerals.
- Filtering and processing eliminates many of the beneficial phytonutrients, including pollen and propolis.
- Golden, syrup- like honey that is clear is processed.
- Can be sourced from bees treated with antibiotics and come from inorganic hives.
- Pasteurized and filtered honey may have additives.
Secret: Raw honey works as a natural cough syrup. A single dose of honey can reduce mucus secretion and coughing. It is just as effective as over the counter cough medicine.