- When consumed, protein can burn up to 35% of its total calories during digestion. Calories burned from carbs and fat is between 5-15% total calories. Protein is highly thermogenic.
- INSERM ( French Institute of Health and Medical Research) in the U.S. did a 14 year study on people that drink diet soda and found they were up to 60% more likely to have developed type 2 diabetes then those that drink regular soda.
- Alaska produces more than half of all seafood caught in the U.S.
- 9 out of 10 Americans are potassium deficient.
- Vitamin D3 is synthesized in the skin when it’s exposed to ultraviolet B rays from the sun.
Secret: Popcorn is a starch. 1 cup of air-popped popcorn contains more antioxidants, in the form of polyphenols, than the average fruit or vegetable.