- Muscle weighs more than fat. It is a myth, but muscle is more dense the then fat. It is good weight and take up a lot less space than fat does. Strength training will over time build muscle.
- Just because you exercise doesn’t mean you can eat whatever you want. What you put in your body matters, as well as, how much you put in. Your intake has to be less than what is being burned to lose weight.
- Not all calories are equal. The calories in the donut are not the same as the calories in eggs. There are empty calories were your body does not get substance from the food. Versus food with substance that give you what you need to be healthy.
- Eating fat will not make you fat. Fat is important for your health but it does matter the kinds of fat that are taken in such as monounsaturated fats or omega 3 fatty acids are good for ones health.
- It’s ok to eat late at night. Just leave an hour or 2 before bed. If you like to snack eat some veggies instead of chips to keep to your profile and not feel too full for breakfast the next morning.
- Drinking water will make you gain weight. Drinking enough water will keep you hydrated and will actually help you lose weight.
- Just because it says diet on the package doesn’t mean that it is better for you. The way the product is made may make it worse than having the original. This is common with diet sodas.
Secret: It is harder for women to lose weight than men. Men’s metabolism works at a 5 to 10% higher rate than women’s does.