- Eating salmon can help an underactive thyroid with its anti-inflammatory properties that come from omega -3 fatty acids. Remember it is a non- traditional red meat.
- Eating apples can help prevent metabolic syndrome. A disorder associated with abdominal fat, heart disease, and diabetes. Good source of fiber.
- Eating lean protein such as eggs for breakfast is a great way to kickstart your day.
- Eat 3 square meals a day with veggies or healthy snacks in between.
- Oysters are high in zinc a mineral that’s critical to a healthy thyroid and also need enough thyroid hormone to absorb zinc.
Secret: Eat your foods not drink them. The body has to go through the process of chewing and digesting foods in order to create the TEF or thermic effect of foods. This is the amount of energy expenditure above the resting metabolic rate due to the cost of processing food for use and storage. Less energy is used when the food is blended then drank instead of being chewed like it is meant to be.