- Avocado’s are a great source of monounsaturated fat (it’s a fat). It also is packed full of fiber, free- radical killing antioxidants. Good to add to a salad.
- Eating cheese (it’s a fat) has a good source of calcium that helps maintain muscle. In small amounts.
- Beans (it’s a starch) are pack with protein, soluble and insoluble fiber. Limited if white and daily if dark.
- Broccoli is a great source of vitamin C and calcium as well as soluble and insoluble fiber that increase TEF (thermic effect of food/ metabolic rate after eating)
- Have a good laugh, it increase basal energy by 10 -20% and increase the resting heart- rate burning more calories.
Secret: Dimming the light on your phone at night can produce better sleep. The LED light from the phone disturbs the production of the sleep hormone melanin.