Sugar comes in many different forms some natural like honey and some man made like splenda. Sometimes it’s hard to know when there is added sugars when reading the ingredients label. So here are just a few to help you out.
- Cane sugar, juice, cane juice crystals
- Corn syrup, high fructose corn syrup, corn sweetener, corn solids
- Agave nectar
- Barley malt, barley malt syrup
- Beet sugar
- Confectioner’s sugar, brown sugar
- Fruit juice, fruit juice concentrate
Secret: There are around 61 names for sugar and not all of them are what you would expect. Sugar is sugar and it’s the devil!