- Cucumbers – Are made up of 95% water and a cup of cucumber slices is almost as thirst- quenching as a glass of water. They also have a bit of fiber and vitamin C that are important to consume everyday.
- Salad Greens – At 2 cups of greens there is 90% water and only 15 calories. That’s not all, they are packed full of nutrients like folate, vitamin C, fiber, and antioxidants beta carotene. These keep your eyes working and skin healthy. Making a salad also will help get in your daily veggies.
- Strawberries – With 91% water and having the highest vitamin C of all berries is healthy sweet snack. Also, they are high in folate and vitamin B.
- Watermelon – Has 92% water with a good source of vitamin C when red. There are ones that are orange or yellow. With lycopene an antioxidant that may help against heart disease and some cancers. It a good way to get some hydration in the summer with a health snack.
- Papaya – 1 cup has 3 grams of fiber for 55 calories and is made up of 88% water. This is an adventure for the taste buds.
- Butternut Squash – Who would have thought that squash would be made up of 88% water and has over 400% of your daily value of vitamin A. Vitamin A is a key nutrient for for eye health along with a good dose of vitamin C, potassium, and manganese.
Secret: Foods can help increase water intake and keep calories low.