- Use it or lose it! Keep your brain mentally challenged by reading a book or learning a second language.
- Participate in Neurobics. This is challenging your brain to think in new ways. If you’re right handed, try using your left. Use your 5 senses more to help increase the use of your brain during regular everyday activities.
- Exercising can be good for brain health too! Staying active can help improve memory, imagination, and your ability to plan tasks.
- Healthy diet, healthy brain. Making healthy food choices can increase your brainpower and decrease the likelihood of developing dementia.
- Limit alcohol intake. To much drinking over a long period of time can shrink the frontal lobes of your brain. This damage can not be reversed.
- Music daily. Music has the power to boost mental functions such as memory and hand coordination. It can also improve one’s ability to plan.
Secret: Sleeping before and after you learn something new is crucial to the filing of new information in the brain. A long night’s rest is best for memory and mood.