- The color of grapefruit matters. Red and pink have a little higher antioxidant levels and beta carotene. Carotene can lower risk for heart disease and some cancers.
- Don’t mix grapefruit with allergy medications. Can increase the levels of the drug in the liver.
- The juice is nice but it’s better to eat the fruit. It has better benefits and won’t spike your blood sugar as much and you get the fiber.
- Grapefruit high in vitamin C is good for the healing process of healthy scar tissue.
- It can prevent cancer by reducing inflammation and repairing damaged DNA.
Secret: Grapefruit lowers blood pressure. The high potassium levels neutralize the negative effects of sodium. But as your doctor before eating grapefruit if on blood pressure medicine because their could be negative effects.