Humans are creatures of habit and not all habits are good, especially when it comes to eating. The first 3 things you need to do are:
- Become aware of the bad habits you want to fix.
- Figure out why the habits exist.
- Then find a way to change those habits into healthier ones.
The steps you need to take are:
- Take Baby Steps- Making small changes in your diet or when buying foods can start a change.
- Become Mindful- Take a second to read labels or weigh out options.
- Make a Plan- Meal prep or write out what you need to eat that day and make a checklist. Cross reference it to your profile.
- Make weekly goals- Each week make a goal that you want to achieve and work to meet that goal. It could be getting more exercise in or following your profile better.
- Be Realistic- Changes don’t happen overnight, you’ve got to keep work toward your goals to see the changes that are happening.
- Practice Stress Management- Doing activities such as exercise, meditation, reading, and relaxation instead of going to food will help.
Secret: Changing bad eating habits takes step and it’s a journey. The journey is 365 days of consistent new habits.