- Most people with anxiety are excessively irritable. This can happen when anxiety is at its peak.
- Muscle tension on most days can be a sign of anxiety. Treating tense muscles may help reduce symptoms of worry.
- Trouble falling asleep and staying asleep are very common in people who struggle with anxiety. Sleep quality can be better improved by treating anxiety.
- Panic attacks can be a symptom. If they happen frequently, however, that may be a sign of a type of anxiety disorder called panic disorder.
- Avoidance and fear of social situations could be a sign of anxiety and is very common.
- Extreme and irrational fears about specific things that interrupt daily life can be a sign of a phobia. All phobias involve avoidance behavior. This symptom is more common in women than men.
Secret: If you have one or more of the symptoms above, you may have an anxiety disorder and should seek professional help. Regardless of which type of anxiety you may have, there are many natural solutions you can use to help relieve it while working with a licensed healthcare professional.